Saturday, April 18, 2009

Follow Your Heart

Good afternoon my good people!
I just returned from the Dillon Town meeting regarding their Urban Renewal Project. Barring a few nice individuals, I have never been treated as such an outcast in my life. The only town official that treated me with any respect was Police Chief Joe Wray. Thanks Joe!

Really, I could care less how these people treat me. I would never want to associate with most of them anyway. But you know what really chaps me? I only had time to squeeze in four runs on an epic power day before I had to attend this meeting. :)

Anyway, some new developments came out of this meeting. First, during construction the Town of Dillon is making Gold Run Circle one-way. If they can do this during construction, why can’t it be done permanently? Then it never would have gotten this far.

However, as luck would have it, I am glad it did get this far!
Everyone who knows me is aware of how passionate I am about the environment. It is the single most important issue in my life.
Last night I was watching the Discovery Channel when it came to me! Did the Town of Dillon have an Environmental Impact Study done on this project?

Ironically, the Town of Dillon never had an Environmental Impact Study. When I asked Dillon Town Planner Dan Burroughs he claimed, “we don’t need one.” The recreation path includes a retaining wall. The town most certainly does need one.
We live at the end of town and have fox, coyote, geese, bear, and sandhill crane among other wildlife in the area. They all use our yard to access the lake. What impact will this retaining wall have on these animals?

Example: Will a fox be forced into oncoming traffic because the retaining wall blocks his escape?























I never even considered this issue before because:
a) I was too consumed with trying to save my home.
b) I never thought anything in Colorado would get approved without an Environmental Assessment. It appears to be such an eco-friendly state.

Follow your heart and it will lead you in the right direction!

-Steve Delaney

No comments:

Post a Comment